Oil and Gas
400,000 - 800,000
Aug 22, 2022
Job Posting Date:
Apr 22, 2022
• Experience in operation and control of production facilities using distributive control systems (DCS) and Emergency Shutdown Systems.
• Experience in working in a multi-discipline team on onshore upstream hydrocarbon oil & gas processing plants and facilities in a remote environment.
• Technical background combined with the control room or operational experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Safety Standards and Permit to Work Controls and PSM Facility requirements
Minimum Qualification, Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline., Petroleum Engineering or Technical discipline
5 years of experience as DCS control operator or similar role.
• Registration with COREN is a requirement and other professional Associations will be an added advantage
• Project Management Professional certification will be an added advantage
• A passion and drive for operational excellence
• Communication skills
• Ability to perform on the spot assessment of problems, e.g. notices when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to take charge and handle pressure situations
• A good understanding of mechanical and control systems
• Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision